Firstly , allow me introduce the SaveDongle functionality :
* Fully support 3DS,NDSi,NDSL original game cart.
* Backup game savers from 3DS/NDS/NDSI original game card to PC, to avoid game saver been accidently overwrite.
* Restore game savers backup from PC to 3DS/NDS/NDSI original game cart through USB.
* Editing game savers(level, experience, money etc …) becomes possible.
* Allow game savers to be share between users.
?a. User can share or download game savers from official web site and forums.
?b. Game savers sharing allow user jump to certain game level.
* Upgradeable dongle firmware through USB for support new games and new features.
* User friendly software interface to manage the save file.
So , thsi post aims to show you how to use r4i SaveDongle to backup games savers from Nintendo console to PC , or from PC to Nintendo console . Before start , make sure your SaveDongle is this one : r4i SaveDongle
1. You need have “USB Driver installation” in PC.
2. unbox your little dongle, and insert your favorite cartridge inside it
3. Download SaveDongle firmware V1.5, now you can download from here : R4i SaveDongle firmware V1.5
4.Unzip it,open the folder, the you will see the installer
5.Connect SaveDongle to PC USB port. If game cart has been detected, “Cart inserted!” message will be display.
If not , message “No card inserted ” will show up , in this case , you need to make sure the connection is fine with your cartridge .
6.If you want to select for backup game saver to PC(saved as .sav file) just click :
If you want to restore backup game saver(.sav file) from PC to game cart. Just click :
Please Note: Do not run other programmes during the process of bakcup/restore game save!